Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Grading System

so ive been doing 20+ games on 2+ kdr while in Advanced grade
    I lose 1 game, ONE, and im instantly demoted to Median, played 5 games after all 2.0+ kdr, overpowering my enemies
    yet i'm still stuck on Median. why? how? this new grading system is a complete failure

Wasn't the grading system supposed to be based on KDR instead of W/L rate? Also, I said it before but it really should have been based on individual KDR (or even better "exp" gain / loss for every single kill / death based on rank difference) instead of overall KDR. It being based on overall KDR basically means that being up against a rookie is going to heavily penalise you for having a bad overall KDR even if your individual KDR vs. that rookie is something like 8/1.

Comment

My major issue that I have with this feature is when do we know when we'll level up? As you people mentioned, you do so well, yet get stuck in median. I had the same experience in QR yesterday, I won in first place in QR yet I STILL get demoted to Median unless if a visual bug happened, but I'm fairly certain I'm back to Median. I'll edit this if I notice anything different.

Honestly, this system is great, but I think it needs a few tweeks to be even better. A lot of people are stuck at Median and Rookie and I think it's a bit of a turn off for most because it's quite difficult for the average player to succeed.

My other point is when do we actually gain/lose points? Sure by beating other players, but how exactly is it calculated? In QR, you have to place first, or you'll lose your advanced rank. Here's a example: The top two players in a room are advanced, will the person in second loose points when he's beaten by another advanced player? I'd like specifics when it comes to the grading system because how to get points is a bit confusing.

Comment

The grading system is based on EXP:
        https://forums.valofe.com/forum/comb...8-patch-update

The process of changing Grade Points is based on experience points given after each match.
        As you gain more experience points than other users, your points will increase.
        Originally posted by Geniosity View Post
        so ive been doing 20+ games on 2+ kdr while in Advanced grade
        I lose 1 game, ONE, and im instantly demoted to Median, played 5 games after all 2.0+ kdr, overpowering my enemies
        yet i'm still stuck on Median. why? how? this new grading system is a complete failure
        And there the Tip applies:

Tip

* In order to increase the grade points, it is way better to play with users who has a Higher Grade and have a good record.

* You can still play against Lower Grade User.

* But be sure to perform better than them to not lose any single point.
        If you have a higher grade and you play with lower grades and lose with bad record, You lose a lot of points; Grade will go back to the previous one.
        Official Staff & Moderators: CA: the Classic & CA: Reloaded & CA Brasil
        VALOFE Combat Arms Discord

Comment

Originally posted by Brotkrumen View Post
          The grading system is based on EXP
          But this doesn't explain how exactly the exp system works, do you gain / lose exp based solely on your KDR at the end of the match? Or is exp gain / loss accumulated during the match and just gets added to your overall exp at the end of the match. Just stating that exp are "given after each match" is still a vague thing to say and could mean many things if one cares about the details. How exactly does the rank penalty come into play? Are you still losing exp if your opponent is multiple ranks above you? Is it possible to drop from Median to Rookie if you are beaten up by a Master? Are you still gaining exp if your opponent is multiple ranks below you? Can you rank up from Veteran to Master by beating up Rookies 24/7? What if you're an Expert and you're up against a both a Rookie and a Master? There are still many things unclear when it comes to how the Combat Grading System actually works.

Comment

Ever thought about they not wanted to making the system transparent so you can't abuse it in the most optimal way and have to grind like everyone else?

That said: Your KDR is directly influential to your gained EXP so playing better will mostlikely result in climbing fast.

For OP: If you played the games versus players who are almost Rookie, /Rookie, you gain almost no points. As Brotkrummen quoted, try to perform good versus other Advanced/Expert/Professional/Master-Players.

Case for me: I played 5 games of which i lost 4 and still got advanced. I played another 25+ matches to get Expert of which i focused on matching advanced+ players in about 18/25 games. (Normal elimination only)

Comment

Originally posted by Frashray View Post
              Ever thought about they not wanted to making the system transparent so you can't abuse it in the most optimal way and have to grind like everyone else?
              Except there is nothing to abuse in a well designed grading system and you need to know how the system actually works in order to accurately point out the flaws within it. There's no point in asking the players for feedback while also withholding crucial informations about the system in question.

Comment

Originally posted by Wumgum View Post
                Except there is nothing to abuse in a well designed grading system and you need to know how the system actually works in order to accurately point out the flaws within it. There's no point in asking the players for feedback while also withholding crucial informations about the system in question.
                Fair point.

So i imagine you had something in mind like a bar of f.e. 1.000 points of which you get +17 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Frashray View Post
                  So i imagine you had something in mind like a bar of f.e. 1.000 points of which you get +17 ?
                  I don't know about the specifics so I can't say anything about it but they should keep several things in mind in order to prevent abuse:

- In order to accurately measure progress EXP gain / loss has to be based on individual KDR (or even better: damage given / damage received).

- In order to accurately measure individual KDR there should be a minimum number of "engagements" for it to count, this might slow down the grading process but accurate grading >>>>>>>>> fast grading.

- Everyone should start out at the middle point and then rise / fall accordingly in order to dampen the impact secondary / new accounts have on the grading.

- The system is designed to measure "player skill" so you shouldn't gain EXP if you're expected to win / you shouldn't lose EXP if you're expected to lose. There has to be a meaningful difference between professional and master aside from the number of rookies they've killed.

- Having a 1.0 KDR vs. someone of the same rank as you shouldn't get / lose you any points, everything else needs to get an appropriate multiplier based on rank difference.

There are probably more things to keep in mind but these are just some examples and it's obvious that they're not doing some of these things but others are more up in the air which is why more informations would be appreciated.
                  Last edited by Wumgum; 05-01-2018, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wumgum View Post

- In order to accurately measure progress EXP gain / loss has to be based on individual KDR (or even better: damage given / damage received).

- Having a 1.0 KDR vs. someone of the same rank as you shouldn't get / lose you any points, everything else needs to get an appropriate multiplier based on rank difference.

Most important ones tbh. Right now it feels like stomping noobs with a 50/15 KDA is better than playing 1.0 vs others at the same level [Which is advanced for me]

Comment

this game's rating system confuses me... I win matches with kdr above 1, gets demoted... I lost a match with good kdr, get promoted...

Comment

Originally posted by extreme133 View Post
                        this game's rating system confuses me... I win matches with kdr above 1, gets demoted... I lost a match with good kdr, get promoted...
                        It also depends on the players grades you are playing against. If you scroll up to my previous post, you find a tip.
                        Official Staff & Moderators: CA: the Classic & CA: Reloaded & CA Brasil
                        VALOFE Combat Arms Discord

Comment

Originally posted by Brotkrumen View Post
                          It also depends on the players grades you are playing against.
                          Playing a ~1,6 K/DR vs. players of higher rank (everyone on our team was median and they had at least 3 advanced players) and still no progression either way. Needless to say that we lost the match but this shouldn't be a factor when grading individual performance because W/LR doesn't account for team balance and 2-3 master level players on one side vs. a team of average level players would be enough to turn a match into a curb stomp regardless of whether or not everyone else on that team is a rookie.

Let's face it, if the goal of the grading system is to accurately grade the general performance of each player in relation to the player base as a whole (which it should be) then it's in dire need of a complete overhaul. The way it is right now just doesn't work and no amount of sugar coating is going to change that.
                          Last edited by Wumgum; 05-16-2018, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X