Grading System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grading System

So how exactly do i loose points for a game like this?

https://imgur.com/a/UTvvE3D

Assuming we calculate a simple median we reach 2.133 (Rookie 1 point, Median 2, Advanced 3, ([9x2+4x3+2x1)/15] so average is median. Is that the only reason why? KDA doesn't seem to factor in as well as 3k EXP.

As a player this feels VERY frustrating to deal with because i don't know how am i supposed to do better. I'm already trying to play vs advanced players (or higher for that matter) but it feels VERY random when i get points for my grade.

And yes i've reached expert mutiple times i just seem to get downgraded everytime. No i don't leave games.

Edit: It's hard to see but there is a small red porton of points i lost.

https://imgur.com/a/5wKavbI
    Last edited by Frashray; 05-17-2018, 12:16 PM.

Originally posted by Frashray View Post
    So how exactly do i loose points for a game like this?

https://imgur.com/a/UTvvE3D
    Well you just didn't stomp them hard enough but seriously, usually I'd say we need to know more about how this system works in order to fix it but it seems to be beyond saving. Just tear it down and build a new one, I like the idea behind a grading system but it just doesn't seem to work properly there are just too many important factors it doesn't seem to account for.

Comment

Originally posted by Wumgum View Post
      Well you just didn't stomp them hard enough
      This summarizes my experience right now. I need to annihilate the room and be first on the leaderboard to gain points.

Also i guess they could just keep the names and redo the calculation and patch it. As far as a grading system in general goes - i'm all for it, i've never been this motivated to play since leveling is exhausting to say the least.

Comment

I, on the other hand, have no use for it nor do I bother to be top player. To me is just that random little feature that I wish I could hide.

Comment

• Frashray
          Frashray commented
          Editing a comment
          I understand. Some people bother, some don't. I personally missed this competitiveness in Combat Arms.

I wish they would make it a little more decent e.g. making a colored bar on the side of your level or just making the whole outside of your level in the retricted color. I don't need this around my scoreboard in a *signs* disgusting color design. It also takes away the focus form the actual scores which seems like a bad solution.

I gave up on the grading system quite a bit. It's not rewarding to go through all that effort and get the weapon/gear for one day. I've seen only a few professionals and that's it.

The major reason why I don't find it rewarding is because of this: THE SET ABILITIES AREN’T UNIQUE。 

The 3 sets that have been released only give you the traditional extra ammo, speed, or NPC Damage. Why can't we have sets that reduce fall damage? Explosive resistance? AP armor increase? Infected HP increase, or fire rate increase? Stuff like that. There's just 2 sets that are really good and the rest don't really have anything going for them in the meta right now.

Off topic: The Mercenaries that have speed need a 5% speed buff (excluding Elle and Ophelia) and the mercs that have defence need a 5% defence buff. (excluding blizzard/eliminator Hauser) There's nothing going for them.
        Last edited by iGoKiwiv2; 05-21-2018, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by iGoKiwiv2 View Post
          I gave up on the grading system quite a bit. It's not rewarding to go through all that effort and get the weapon/gear for one day. I've seen only a few professionals and that's it.
          Because the rating is really bad at the moment. I gave up reaching professional a week ago and I've been expert mutiple times. BUT i don't think they should buff the rewards. I'm wouldn't grind to get the items but much rather to be classified as better than others. Simple as that.

The major reason why I don't find it rewarding is because of this: THE SET ABILITIES AREN’T UNIQUE。

The 3 sets that have been released only give you the traditional extra ammo, speed, or NPC Damage. Why can't we have sets that reduce fall damage? Explosive resistance? AP armor increase? Infected HP increase, or fire rate increase? Stuff like that. There's just 2 sets that are really good and the rest don't really have anything going for them in the meta right now.
          Although i like the thought behind this, be careful such suggestions as most of them will be straight up too good (e.g. increased fire rate, Banshees FMG-9 already has 375, put 5-10% on that and you probably one shot people without a headshot) I personally am not too deep into sets but the Snake Set, Eliminator Hauser set and the Mei's set seem pretty good?

Off topic: The Mercenaries that have speed need a 5% speed buff (excluding Elle and Ophelia) and the mercs that have defence need a 5% defence buff. (excluding blizzard/eliminator Hauser) There's nothing going for them.
          Agreed.

Comment

We ALL lost points. xD This was an advanced + room.

https://imgur.com/a/uOzfS5w

Comment

Working...
            X