Australian Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Servers

When CA: Reloaded was released, they promised AU servers. They were later implemented when the Ping measurement was changed from bars to numbers. However, upon the transfer to VALOFE, I saw in their change log that they removed the Australian Servers. Is there a reason to that?

Many Australian and NZ players including myself have played Combat Arms for 9 years with 200+ ping (from 2008) and multitudes of players have given feedback to the repective company representatives. So why was the decision made to remove the Australian servers when it was a good decision which helped the Australian/NZ players congregate together and enjoy playing the game with little to no lag ?(you know, how the game is supposed to be)

inb4 'all 12 AU players' or 'you don't have enough players, you're irrelevant'

You mean there was an AU server at one point?

Comment

Originally posted by Foofoo14 View Post
      You mean there was an AU server at one point?
      Yeah, It was Zone 3. We had it for custom rooms for a while since they changed the ping from bars to numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by ISt0leYourTVs View Post

Yeah, It was Zone 3. We had it for custom rooms for a while since they changed the ping from bars to numbers.
        What was it like to play without lag for the first time?

Comment

Valofe as a company is not as large as nexon is and does not have the ability to run servers for a region that does not generate enough profit to maintain a server in that region.

Comment

• AveBeli
            AveBeli commented
            Editing a comment
            To all due respect to you as forum moderator I don't think that you should make such public statements.Information like size of the company, ability of the company, revenue...etc is companies internal information and because of that its also a business secret. You are the link between players and company, if you will present the company as week, small and not able to do much place....who would like to stay in such place or even spend money??!
            Especially at this moment when most important thing for this game is to survive, for players to get used to new place and their new currency, to start buying it and that will enable this game to carry on.Its not just that CA as a game needs to pay for its current expenses but it also needs to payout for its trade cost and run its hard f2p run.Only after all that long time and battle it will start to generate a profit.

Originally posted by Foofoo14 View Post

What was it like to play without lag for the first time?
          Heaven. It felt so much easier. Too bad it didn't last

Comment

Originally posted by ISt0leYourTVs View Post

Heaven. It felt so much easier. Too bad it didn't last
            Because those are nice things, which means you can't have them.

Comment

First time i saw news about CA migration to Valofe, I thought they would use a server in Corea

Comment

I just wish they would consider re-implementing it. People will argue that there are not enough players to facilitate it. But numbers come with incentive. The main reason why most AU/NZ players stopped playing was because of the immense lag (200ms+) from playing on NA and EU servers .If the AU/NZ servers are implemented, it gives them the incentive to come back and play. I know for a fact that most of my friends and players I know from Australia have spent quite a lot of money on NX back in the days and would be willing to come back at the promise of AU servers.

Comment

Working...
                X