Stop This Before it Kills CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squizxyhyojin View Post
    I am very sorry that my response to you came off as hostile or aggravated.
    Oh it didn't at all.

But exactly because we know our community, it should be made clear from the beginning, for what reasons guesses and/or posts like yours arise.

There are so many players who take your post at face value and do not think about whether this could be just ideas.

Official Staff & Moderators: CA: the Classic & CA: Reloaded & CA Brasil
    VALOFE Combat Arms Discord

Comment

If you split it up, then how will the illiterate masses ever find it since the majority of them don't even realize there's a ca page?

Comment

Originally posted by Foofoo14 View Post
        If you split it up, then how will the illiterate masses ever find it since the majority of them don't even realize there's a ca page?
        The issue lies deeper than the split. The playerbase will be uneven and will likely face skewed trends that will lead one population to the other, leaving the rest to rot. Or both clients would fall into despair.

That's only ONE of the many issues of splitting the whole client.
        Last edited by squizxyhyojin; 12-05-2017, 04:27 AM.

Comment

I personally think a new client is needed for everyone to have the classic experience that people liked before.
          Without all the OP weapons and stuff.
          I'm sure there's still people who LIKE the reloaded version and taking that away is not good either.

That's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by josephmoonmc View Post
            I personally think a new client is needed for everyone to have the classic experience that people liked before.
            I'm sure there's still people who LIKE the reloaded version and taking that away is not good either.

That's just my opinion.
            A new client alongside the reloaded is in my opinion a terrible business decision at this stage. Too many risks outweigh the romanticized and sensationalized wishful thinking of having both clients. Think of it this way, it's like the saying "you can't have your cake and eat it too". Two clients require two sets of servers, two databases, getting rid of the "OP" weapons would require another major rebalance of the guns as well as compensation to people that may have poured thousands of dollars into getting said OP weapons.

Two clients risk one being favored over the other, causing the other to die, or it makes both die quicker, it's just how business and f2p games work.

I hope you can see that they would have more work and more risk having two simultaneous clients rather than just fixing one and making it more like classic.

My actual entire post addresses all of the reasoning behind your opinion and why it is potentially flawed, but I know lots of people can't be asked to read something that long and that in-depth.
            Last edited by squizxyhyojin; 12-05-2017, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by squizxyhyojin View Post

A new client alongside the reloaded is in my opinion a terrible business decision at this stage. Too many risks outweigh the romanticized and sensationalized wishful thinking of having both clients. Think of it this way, it's like the saying "you can't have your cake and eat it too". Two clients require two sets of servers, two databases, getting rid of the "OP" weapons would require another major rebalance of the guns as well as compensation to people that may have poured thousands of dollars into getting said OP weapons.

Two clients risk one being favored over the other, causing the other to die, or it makes both die quicker, it's just how business and f2p games work.

I hope you can see that they would have more work and more risk having two simultaneous clients rather than just fixing one and making it more like classic.

My actual entire post addresses all of the reasoning behind your opinion and why it is potentially flawed, but I know lots of people can't be asked to read something that long and that in-depth.
              What if if they just went and took away reloaded then turned it into classic but turns out to be a big fail because of the bugs and lags and stuff, what happens then?
              I'm sure VALOFE has lots to think about before making any big decisions though.
              That's probably why they're asking people to vote.

What if lets say they released the classic old version completely fresh and then once it's stabilized, they transferred the characters from reloaded to classic.
              Wouldn't that be a much smoother process?
              [Although it doesn't justify the cost of this whole process]

Just my two cents.
              Last edited by josephmoonmc; 12-05-2017, 10:24 AM.

Comment

the classic experience that people liked before.

Comment

What if if they just went and took away reloaded then turned it into classic but turns out to be a big fail because of the bugs and lags and stuff, what happens then?
                  I'm sure VALOFE has lots to think about before making any big decisions though.
                  That's probably why they're asking people to vote.

What if lets say they released the classic old version completely fresh and then once it's stabilized, they transferred the characters from reloaded to classic.
                  Wouldn't that be a much smoother process?
                  [Although it doesn't justify the cost of this whole process]

Just my two cents.
                  I like that idea.

Comment

Good Idea
                    This is a good idea, however I made the thread in the case that the two client system was permanent, not temporary. I also made it in fear that we would have to start over instead of having transfers over to classic.

However your idea would make for a more smooth transition.

Comment

Originally posted by Brotkrumen View Post

Why don't you read it yourself?
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	haJbK6G.png Views:	1 Size:	19.8 KB ID:	2030
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	6nFmYAw.png Views:	1 Size:	11.8 KB ID:	2031
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	07DK2it.png Views:	1 Size:	14.3 KB ID:	2032

I also would recommend to chill.
                      but......... just my opinion. I wouldn't recommend to make such a big fuss right now.
                      [removed]

They have already made a forum for "The Classic CA" so sadly it looks as though they may be making two versions of the game.
                      Last edited by Wariel; 12-06-2017, 01:19 AM. Reason: It's unofficial, unopened, and a secret
                      #NotMyClassic

Comment

If you can find the new Combat Arms The Classic forum simply by changing the URL to [removed] then it isn't a very good secret and it looks pretty official to me it is hosted on the same forum as this one, the Luminary one and the Atlantica ones.
                        Last edited by Wariel; 12-06-2017, 01:31 AM. Reason: Removed Link
                        #NotMyClassic

Comment

Luminary has their own official forums here: http://luminary.valofe.com/center/fo...egory-view.asp
                          As for Atlantica Online, their forums have been disabled for the time being.
                          [CA:R Official Staff & Mod List]
                          [CA:C Official Staff & Mod List]
                          Never give your password to anyone for any reason! VALOFE Members (GMs) and Moderators (FMs) will NEVER ask for your password.

Comment

change Reloaded to Classic problem solved.
                            Last edited by Miley4Cyrus; 12-14-2017, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Quiicker
                              Quiicker commented
                              Editing a comment
                              completely agreed!

this is one of dumbest ideas that i ever seen. just change Reloaded back to Classic. thats it.

Last edited by Zura15; 12-14-2017, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• Quiicker
                              Quiicker commented
                              Editing a comment
                              you've literally pointed everything! i completely agree with you.

I'm entirely convinced that a large majority the people who still want classic as a separate permanent classic client have not read the majority of the original post (you know, the one that destroys any sense of the contrived logic they are trying to muster)

I wholeheartedly respect everyone's opinions... even if said opinions are clouded by nostalgia ridden glasses and a complete lack of understanding of how business works and how non-prevalent the hunted glitch is in respect to all the other matches being played (6 hunted rooms open at a maximum vs the rooms in the 20-30 range of all the other game modes).

It's objectively a lazy and risky business decision to permanently bring back an old version of the game that didn't have half as many fixes as the current build does alongside the current version.

People may debate on what makes CA great, and that's fine, be it pay to win rubbish, a solid GP-GC economy, nostalgia ridden content that makes the kiddies salivate and nut in their pants (despite it not even being that great), or people's utopian views of idealistically flawed potential decisions by a still developing company.

Yes I find many things are wrong with reloaded, this does not place me in the "let's go classic" group.

Yes I don't like all the negatives of going back to classic, this does not place me in the "let's go reloaded" group.

I am not a sheep. All these buzzwords like "classic" or "fresh" or "the good old days" only make me feel patronized, not excited.

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
                            Friedrich Nietzsche once said that. To me, it has never been more apparent, here, than anywhere else.

All of the people on the "classic" bandwagon who cannot substantiate their claims are furthering this insanity, resulting in the ignorance and vagueness only hindering VALOFE's attempts at giving the community the best game they can.

The burden of proof is on the both of you to give solid, empirical evidence that a decline in NX/GC sales has directly resulted from the major GP-GC economy changes that occurred from 2015-2017 onward COMPLETELY SEPARATE from the impact of a DWINDLING player base. Your stance on that is otherwise unsubstantiated.

The both of you harbor such an incredible lack of understanding of basic business practices. You see companies like EA and other MMO publishers getting constantly chastised for using any semblance of Pay to Win or IRL currency exclusive items, Nexon tried to avoid that (and they DID, something you also fail to see.) which was a smart move. That video you showed proves nothing, considering you have the full burden of proof to provide evidence that whatever business decisions they did in 2014 greatly created a sustainable trend of profit for the company. You don't have those figures.

Another thing you seem to forget is the major rebalancing of all the weapons. The new influx of epic tier weapons are easier to use, sure, but in no way are they overpowered. I see myself and others getting killed more quickly by the G36 and other supernerfed weapons (that mind you, still are somehow good) than any of those epics. While that was my opinion, something objective is the fact that there was extensive testing done upon Reloaded's launch regarding the legitimacy of Nexon's new statistics, search it up on youtube. Guess what people found: "oh wow it's actually fair for once".

I see orthus and legion users getting gunned down. I see Baron's and Deckland's struggle against some of the better common tier weapons. Just the other day, a guy with a ump 45 took down a full team of epic tier users. Ask around and get out more, you'll find people who have similar experiences.

While you may be ready for your perms to be stomped into oblivion, all those ex diamond-silver grade nx users which make up a large majority of our playerbase would say otherwise. You are the minority here, do not speak for the community like this "we need new fresh start. can't wait to go back the roots. excited to start everything from scratch!" and expect no criticism in return.

Your voice is drowned by the laughs of everyone who sees your posts and knows the counter evidence that piles against your unsubstantiated, nostalgia ridden opinion.
                            Last edited by squizxyhyojin; 12-08-2017, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X