X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Classic Vs. Reloaded #1 — The First Step

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWVtE6O_Zno
    ​​​​​​​
    Please take the time to check out this video. It's the first of many episodes to come on a series about improving CA and putting it back on the path towards greatness.

This is a time to come together and find a solution. Not fight amongst ourselves and create more division.

For those that would rather read, here's a link to the original script for the video:
    https://pastebin.com/aWcH5S9y

I agree that we need to come together but from what I seen the "Reloadead" side automatically assumes that everyone who wants old CA is a full 50% speed gear maxs orthus elite abuser that wants 9999 bugs to come back and with no mouse fixes and likes to spin in quarantine. The worst part is they are in the minority by 10 to 1 and act like they are right and refuse to listen to any other side than theirs. I actually have never had a full discussion with somebody who supports CA:R without them raging or banning me from wherever we were speaking. I would be really nice if we could come to a conclusion through debate and discussion between both sides and hopefully we will get Old CA and improve from there.

Without putting to much thought into this a few big things that need to be changed,
    1. Lightning fix: We were promised that we could still use the old graphics from CA but not just can we not switch the new lighting fix off if ,you have a bad PC and play a low quality setting you actually can only get kills through name tagging because you cant see a god damn thing!
    2. UI and hud: you basically already said what needed to be said
    3. Bring back old explosives and specs + elite(with a punishment system) , explosives nerf killed off quarantine and some fireteam maps as far as I know. Specs were really fun in fireteam and quar as well.
    4.I would support any effort to nerf or even remove op weps like duals , orthus , ar15, sg50, maxs r870 shotty etc.
    5. I also thing we should remove all the op gears and go back to 25% max speed with 10% stamina and remove all the 5 slot bps that give 0 speed penalty , speed mods removed , wep mods removed.
    6. Valofe should support all communities on CA like the competitive ,fire team , quarantine etc . The worst part about reloadead is ignoring every aspect of the game but Competitive aspect , which has its place in the game but not for the sake of the rest of the game.

edit: keep mouse fixes 2 btw
    Been walking on water for some time now

Comment

Originally posted by minhamiggy1 View Post
      I agree that we need to come together but from what I seen the "Reloadead" side automatically assumes that everyone who wants old CA is a full 50% speed gear maxs orthus elite abuser that wants 9999 bugs to come back and with no mouse fixes and likes to spin in quarantine. The worst part is they are in the minority by 10 to 1 and act like they are right and refuse to listen to any other side than theirs. I actually have never had a full discussion with somebody who supports CA:R without them raging or banning me from wherever we were speaking. I would be really nice if we could come to a conclusion through debate and discussion between both sides and hopefully we will get Old CA and improve from there.

Without putting to much thought into this a few big things that need to be changed,
      1. Lightning fix: We were promised that we could still use the old graphics from CA but not just can we not switch the new lighting fix off if ,you have a bad PC and play a low quality setting you actually can only get kills through name tagging because you cant see a god damn thing!
      2. UI and hud: you basically already said what needed to be said
      3. Bring back old explosives and specs + elite(with a punishment system) , explosives nerf killed off quarantine and some fireteam maps as far as I know. Specs were really fun in fireteam and quar as well.
      4.I would support any effort to nerf or even remove op weps like duals , orthus , ar15, sg50, maxs r870 shotty etc.
      5. I also thing we should remove all the op gears and go back to 25% max speed with 10% stamina and remove all the 5 slot bps that give 0 speed penalty , speed mods removed , wep mods removed.
      6. Valofe should support all communities on CA like the competitive ,fire team , quarantine etc . The worst part about reloadead is ignoring every aspect of the game but Competitive aspect , which has its place in the game but not for the sake of the rest of the game.

edit: keep mouse fixes 2 btw
      Not to mention bringing back the old CA events too.

Comment

https://combatarms-r.valofe.eu/forums

YOU already know I agree bro.

Comment

good video

Comment

just change Reloaded to Classic problem solved.

Comment

• Spambox1
              Spambox1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Indeed problem solved since the game would be dead shortly if its "just" changed back to classic.
              Last edited by Spambox1; 12-15-2017, 02:45 AM.

In your video you asked people to comment on what they thought was good about reloaded compared to classic.
            The biggest selling point for reloaded is that it removed elite and super elite moderator function from the game, with its removal i can now earn both exp and gp while playing.
            Another effect that came with the removal of moderators was less harassment in general, sure its still sky high at times but its still lower than what we had before.

Comment

Originally posted by Spambox1 View Post
              Another effect that came with the removal of moderators was less harassment in general, sure its still sky high at times but its still lower than what we had before.
              That my friend is wishful thinking. It might have gotten rid of moderator harassment, but now instead idiots who need to get kicked (harassment, hacks, bots AFK) rely on the fact that most people don't bother voting or say no. So instead you end up with someone either harassing or ruining game play (team killing in FF games is by far the worst, most annoying thing that I see happening). So in that sense, it's much higher because they know they can get away with it.

Nexon could have fixed moderator harassment kicks by lowering the number of kicks allowed and putting cooldown periods on kicks (24 hours, etc.) But instead, they removed it, leaving a room full of people, split 50/50 on deciding to kick. Now, even when there is a blatant harassment attack in progress, people tend not to kick. It's sad, but it happens.

Not saying we need EMs back, but the current voting system is not working either when you really need a kick.

As for Classic versus Reloaded, I wish Valofe would specify in a nice post the things they would consider restoring and what they would consider leaving from Reloaded. We can't just expect them to magically do this, click some check boxes and the features will just work. This will take lots of developer time and money. Or if they are talking about rolling back to pre-reloaded, meaning leaving behind all the Reloaded changes, which version of all the ones we have had since the merger of systems (NA/EU) are we talking about? There were quite a few changes in the past three years alone.

Comment

I have roughly ~1200 normal MM games since reloaded came out and it sure is a alot less harassment in those games than it ever where before in reloaded, heck i think i got harassed more in the last month before reloaded was released than i have in those ~1200 normal MM games.
                Now you might say but thats because its match making games right?
                Ive played my fair share of custom room games since then too but i cant as easly put a number on it since i do not remember how many games i had, but even the people who i have seen harass others in several different ways have simply become more civil since the removal of elite moderator, people being more civil isnt limited to only the ones ive seen before either.
                But i would not be suprised if a few groups of the playerbase have had an increase in harassment instead of a decrease since i mainly play elemination and one man army (MM and custom).

Comment

I play mostly custom Elim and I can tell you that based on what I've seen, the number of times I witness harassment is at least just as bad as before. Except now they know they are less likely to get kicked.

Sadly, the presence of racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist idiots is still quite strong.

Comment

classic imo was wayyy better than this
                    AIM HIGH

Comment

Working...
                    X