Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commulated WeaponPerformance for Balance

REPOST FROM OLD FORUMS FOR NEW DISCUSSION
    partly corrected excuse me if there is something i wasn´t able to correct right.
    Since there is a maximum of 4 pictures per post you have to work with the links i am sorry...

"Dear Dev´s and players,

I want to introduce you an idea friend of mine and me developed.

Our target was to create a way to compare weapons in theire overall performance. And further more to provide a way to set a "powerlimit" for new weapons in Combat Arms and provide a competetive play this way.

The basic idea: Building an average of all weapon stats (Damage,...,Range). Fix a spectrum around a fixed avarage. Every single weapon average, we called that "Comulated Weapon Performance (CWP)", hast to be within this spectrum, otherwise if the CWP is higher than the fixed range the weapon is to strong and if the CWP is lower than the fixed range the weapon is to weak.

Caution: The respective multiplier is particular for one weapon group and has to be adjusted for each weapon group (AR, SMG, SG, MG, SR) individual.
    We chose representative the group Assault Rifle for our example.

Problem we faced by building a average: Just add up Dmg+Weight+...+Range wouldn´t make any sense because you could add 50 dmg, reduce the range by 50 and the average would be the same. So this values aren´t in any relation.
    To set the relation we thought about a Multiplier which represents the importance of the single stats. Thereby we came up that the damage is the most relevant so we set the multiplier to 3.

Caution: The respective multiplier is particular for one weapon group and has to be adjusted for each weapon group (AR, SMG, SG, MG, SR) individual.
    We chose representative the group Assault Rifle for our example.

To explaine you more precise what the multiplier does:
    Weight and Recoil have to be substracted of the total amount because the lower so mutch the better. Thats why the mutliplier is negativ.
    The meaning:
    for example: Dmg = *3 and Recoil = *-1,5 so 3/1,5 = 2
    that means for each point Dmgpoint i have to add two Points to the Recoil to keep the balance because the damage weight twice as hard as Recoil.
    an other example: Dmg = *3 and Range = *0,01 so 3/0,01 = 300
    that means for raising the Dmg at 1 point i have to decrease the range by 300 points to keep the weapon balanced.

Problems we still face: Some weapons are hard to compare due to the way they function. For example the "AR-15 Double Barrel". Thus it fires two bullets you can´t compare the Dmg and the spread to other ARs.

As you can see in the table, we created, the Comulated Weapon Performance value is not far from reality. This value shows pretty exact the strongness of the weapon.
    I think we found pretty well mulitplier for the Assault Rifles, but thats something we can discuss about.

Also we can discuss about the limit / the maximal possible CWP value and the lowest possible.

Im my Oppinion the lower limit is definitly set by the basic M16A3, no weapon should be worser and i think 200 is already a very high value, but more than 206 should be the strongest for an AR.

Closing thought: The CWP could be shown with the other stats so you can compare it easily in the game.

Thanks for your attention

A special thanks to Obnoxious, who helped me through this.

greets

Skag aka BetaBiest

*edit: i nearly forgot: if you want to have the excel sheet, to play a bit around with the multiplier or special weapons, write it down, I´ll upload it and post the file here.

Originally posted by EJ_
    If limits are put, then people will just cherry-pick the best in each category which is allowed (e.g. G36E, P90TR, Tango 51, R 11-87P) and the rooms will be filled with players using the same guns.
    @EJ_ Thats a good point. Thanks for bringing this up.

Actually thats is what is happening right now.

But: I think I can calm you a little bit. with this Example, red marked in the picture below:

Lets say the max value possible is 200. As you can see both of the red ones got a Cumulated Weapon Performance very close to 200.
    But if you look at the stats and so at the behaviour and the way of playing with those weapons is totally different.
    The maximum weapon performance is only a value which prevents weapons having too crazy stats.
    For example a G36 with 48 Damage and 20 Accuracy would have a CWP of 219,90 and those are non acceptable values.

I think this is needed because Nexon wants to make money so they have to concept and sell constantly better becoming weapons. Because if they would noone would buy them any more. But this can´t be proceed. Somewere has to be a limit. Or do you want next year playing Combat Arms with weapons of 60 dmg, 300 fr and 20 accuracy?

Our solution would offer a great scope to play around with weapon stats without braking the frame.

greets

Skag aka BetaBiest"
    Last edited by hi21hallo; 12-23-2017, 10:19 AM.

Nice work and I think it could be a great idea to balance weapons

Comment

Working...
    X