Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How classic should Combat Arms become? If it does at all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How classic should Combat Arms become? If it does at all?

Hello.

I had voted on the Classic the other day. Currently, about 7350 other players voted also. I had used arithmetic to get that number. I had supported previous attempts to have Combat Arms return to an old version. I had an idea of how old it should return, but I'm worried many players may want it at a different time period, let alone players that don't really care how old and don't want Reloaded.

I think it is ill-advised to return to an older version of the game per se- bug fixes, patches, GP to GCoin(love the name, nostalgic of ijji). and content updates will all have to be addressed for a second time. Only Valofe will know how much have been discarded if the game is brought back. Many of players might be affected; I don't have an expensive gaming mouse, but I sure don't want players with performance equipment to buy ball mouses to play Combat Arms. I like the frame lock, but many players would not or even care.

However, I would enjoy a more classic Combat Arms.

I had archived a poll from the old forums. Players seemed to have enjoyed the 2009 and 2010 years of Combat Arms. Although, this may have some localization bias, as Combat Arms was released in Europe and Brazil during those years. It was a small poll, but I tried to include the whole time periods of Combat Arms.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201711221...or-combat-arms

As players, we must have discussion to when Combat Arms should return. It is very much a possibility Valofe already has a pre-cooked Classic Combat Arms, but will it have been what we who voted for Classic want? If Combat Arms does not return back, we should only focus on how to salvage Reloaded with constructive ideas.

Regardless of the vote, Combat Arms will always be a classic in my heart.

What do people even mean by go back to Classic? Do people really want to go back to when duals and shotguns were way overpowered? Back to when elite mods would just kick people whenever they felt like it.

I really like the changes made in the Reloaded update. Normal mode is very fun. I want them to expand upon the matchmaking code, not get rid of it. Not to mention the new lighting engine makes the game look better period. Not sure why you would ever want to force everyone to go back to outdated graphics.
    Last edited by TheVileOne; 11-26-2017, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheVileOne View Post
      What do people even mean by go back to Classic? Do people really want to go back to when duals and shotguns were way overpowered? Back to when elite mods would just kick people whenever they felt like it.

I really like the changes made in the Reloaded update. Normal mode is very fun. I want them to expand upon the matchmaking code, not get rid of it. Not to mention the new lighting engine makes the game look better period. Not sure why you would ever want to force everyone to go back to outdated graphics.
      Honestly, since there is no more elite mod, I get kicked much more than before! And without good reason
      And with the free vip box I cross a lot more Orthus than dual ..
      Last edited by OverConfidence; 11-26-2017, 10:22 AM.
      The weapon does not make the player

Comment

• skaymancer
        skaymancer commented
        Editing a comment
        just today in QR 9 round 20 seconds for the end i got kicked :/
        i don't like this Reloaded everytime someone trying to kick me only because i'm trying to kick mutagens in QR -.-
        removal elitemod made the game with chaos because you have to play with the things that you hate+everyone want to kick you+ hackers.

Originally posted by TheVileOne View Post

Maybe they think more toward the look/style, instead of weapon stats.

Personally, I like more the "old" graphics/hud/ui (before Reloaded era).. Really dislike the new lighting engine, hard to see anything, in my case. And "Classic" graphic arent the true old graphics.
      “Death is the golden key that opens the palace of eternity.”

Comment

Working...
      X