Id like to remind you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Id like to remind you.

id like to remind you all, there are some great games out there that dont **** over its players. im going to make a small list of the games ive enjoyed in the past couple of years, because i didnt play ca for a while under nexon, because they screwed it up long before reloaded, through neglect, and p2w, and needless garbage reskins, and half assed events. so lets begin this list.

1)Black squad: A free first person shooter, on steam. while it doesnt have the most amazing variety of modes, it has an ok selection of maps, and a solid selection of guns, and more importantly, it has litterally no pay to win. you can get pretty much everything, other then weapon skins, just by playing. weapons are perm when you buy them. the game has really good hit reg, runs really smooth.

2)Ironsight: This one is more of a game to keep an eye out for. its going open beta early in feb, but was allready closed beta, so theres a good bit of gameplay footage floating around. looks close to a f2p call of duty, but not as shitty. fast paced, and looks like fun. the only bit to worry about is it being run by aeria games, so it may end up p2w. then again, so is combat arms.

3)APB Reloaded: Here is where we stray into older games. this is a pretty solid game, but it hasnt seen almost any updates in over a year. that being said, unlike combat arms, it didnt get sold off, or shut down. its population is very small, but in many ways its a very unique game. it has insane character customization, and its a tps, not fps.(third person shooter) and the battle mechanics are interesting, such as shooting under cars, running people over, and whatnot. can get kind of boring, but can also be very fast paced. also somewhat p2w, but not as bad as other games.

4)Warframe: Allright, this one is a bit of a different type of game, in that its is 99% PvE. there is PvP, but its not super popular. however, that being said, the games amazing, tons of guns, infinite ways to customize the guns, and the frames(characters, so to speak) that you use, via mods. also has incredible melee. the company that runs it has the best f2p model ive ever seen. there is no p2w, and the real money currency can be traded for, so even if you want to buy cosmetics, no need to spend your own money.

5)Path of Exile: If you are a fan of diablo 1, or diablo 2, chances are you have either heard of this game, or played it allready. if you are a fan of diablo 3, you are just ****ing terrible. PoE has an extensive passive skill system, where you can pick a beggining class, and still end up wherever you would like to on the passive tree, given enough planning/determination. active skills are handled via socketing gems into weapons/armor. its more of a true diablo 3 then diablo 3 is.

6)Elder Scrolls Online: First of 2 buy to plays ill be listing, elder scrolls is a free aim action combat mmorpg. none of that skill spam double click to auto attack, or tab targeting you see in most other mmorpgs. and as with other elder scrolls titles, if you see it, you can steal it. lots of stuff to do in the game, and while its buy to play, its no longer subscription based. there is a subscription you can opt into, but its by no means needed.

7)Terraria: While this is also buy to play, its one of my all time favorites. i keep coming back to this game, time and time again. the devs are some of the most dedicated ive ever seen, and after years and years of working on the game, they just keep moving forward. this is a 2D sandbox adventure game, where you can craft all sorts of weapons, fight all sorts of bosses, discover all sorts of ruins/biomes, trigger all sorts of events, and build pretty much whatever you can think of. if you have ever played gba castlevania or metroid, this type of gameplay will feel very comfortable to you.

and with that, my list is complete. ill be saving this to a text document, feel free to delete it. im done with the games valofe is playing with the community, and i hope more of the community can see past their bullshit. i really want to see more people move on from this god awful last ditch attempt to proffit off of what was once a decent game. classic is a joke, we arent getting our items back, and valofe just wants your money, but couldnt give less of a shit about you. need a wake up call? the cramblers gc only. they kept m32 fire/mingun gone, but added both the scrambler and the turrest back. 10/10 balance.
    Last edited by T9RedNecro; 01-28-2018, 03:57 PM.
    #WorseThanNexon

I'm pretty content with riding my nostalgia wave right now. Then again, I don't expect a huge comeback of Combat Arms. So my expectation are low from the get go. It's easier to positively surprise me, than disappoint me.

That being said, Black Squad isn't bad, but not really good either. First off, I have to disagree on the pay to win part. You can absolutely shortcut with RL money. However it is true and needs to be noted, that you can grind your equipment. So, you can pay and get some pretty decent weapons from the get go, hence a moderate pay to win is in place imo. Just not as bad CA does/did one upon a time.
    The number of maps is indeed ok. Though their layout isn't. Most are SUPER symmetrical. It's like the designer created one half and mirrored the other and changed some small details, hoping no one would notice. It's great for balancing purposes, but not so great for visual awe and diversification. And they feel empty most of the time, with very limited furniture or props.
    Talking about balancing, I feel this is where the game shines, besides the F2P model. Almost all guns come with scopes, except the AK47, most Assault Rifles come with Grenade Launchers and so on. You can add a silencer while playing. Also the difference between top tier weapons and trash tier is not very deep and even though the MDR reigns supreme, the others are not that bad either. I feel that BS gets rather dull quick, with no progression in place.

Thank you for the tip with Ironsight though, I'm gonna keep an eye on that.

Comment

• T9RedNecro
      T9RedNecro commented
      Editing a comment
      you dont seem to get the concept of pay to win vs buying past timegating, or the like. pay to win would be things like the scrambler being gc only, or nx rares, with improved stats, or recon vests. black squad doesnt have pay to win. it does allow you to pay to take short cuts, but who the **** cares? its easy as hell to earn enough for a perm in that game, and ranking lets you earn perm special varients with the gl attachment. you litterally can get anything you choose to, without paying a cent, should you want to. thats not at all how it is in combat arms. thats the very deffinition of pay to win, where you can litterally pay for an advantage that can not be earned. thats combat arms in a nutshell. as for the maps bit, yea, the death match ones are like that, but all i really play when i want to play is assasinate, which actually has good map desighn. saddly it doesnt have enough in the way of maps. but one thing you are 100% right on is that it gets dull really quick. and that falls back to the lack of modes, for me, atleast. altho i think the lack of systems/items outside of weapons doesnt help it, either. its effectively a bare bones shooter, but it does atleast the core mechanics very well.if you ever try the game again, id suggest trying assasinate, as i said before, the maps are actually decent.
Working...
X