Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not being able to make a new Valofe Account.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not being able to make a new Valofe Account.

I have sat here and looked at every post in this section and it doesn't seem anyone has been able to answer this question to solve the issue nor has anyone actually given the correct information to get help to solve it. For a couple of days now I have been attempting to make a new account with Valofe so to have an alt account within CA where I can play the game from the start without anything "OverPowered". I have tried comcast, yahoo, gmail and hotmail emails and I still get "Invalid email address." which is confusing because while signing up for the Valofe account I have been logged into all of the emails I have attempted. I have tried different User IDs while signing up, and I doubt it would be D.O.B. since I am not a child and would not sign up with a birthday that would make it seem so. It just seems more problems have been cropping up since Valofe took over CA than when Nexon still controlled it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just a screen shot using the Lightshot program to show the "Invalid email address." message. https://prnt.sc/hoxauk

If more information is needed, I will try to provide as much as possible.

Hello NinjaTamaki

Can you provide us the specific e-mail address you want to use when creating the new account?
    Please send GokuBlacKzZ a private message, and copy and paste the e-mail you are using to sign up.
    Last edited by Wariel; 12-18-2017, 08:15 AM.
    [CA:R Official Staff & Mod List]
    [CA:C Official Staff & Mod List]
    Never give your password to anyone for any reason! VALOFE Members (GMs) and Moderators (FMs) will NEVER ask for your password.

Comment

I first thought that maybe you have email server on Columbian domain and his address is @emailserver.co , that because of that .co extension you could have problems but you mentions that you tried your hotmail,gmail...etc address. Quite strange, I can't wait to hear about solution and cause of the problem.

Comment

Aaah I done small investigation, email input field has small aria verification, nothing special just that your email should look like this something+@+something+.+something, withing range of letters,numbers and some signs /^[a-zA-Z0-9_.+-]+@[a-zA-Z0-9-]+\.[a-zA-Z0-9-.]+$/
        You should make sure that you are using English keyboard language characters when you enter email and be sure to enter email in full format like this: name@email.com

Comment

Hello Wariel

I sent that private message to sir GokuBlacKzZ, thank you for your time.

To AveBeli

I cannot wait to hear about the solution and cause of the problem as well. As for your small investigation, no there is no special characters in my e-mail expect for the "@". I am pretty sure I am using an English keyboard, seeing as I am from the States. I would hope the Logitech simple keyboard I bought for $10 is in an English format, that an any other keyboard I have used in my life time. Please read in joking voice, I mean no disrespect just trying to make light of the situation. Haha. I have made accounts in such format ever since I have been on the internet [name@email.com]. I am no stranger to that. Although I have ran into making e-mails that do have special characters in them and couldn't make an account with plenty of sites, so I ended up only using it to contact friends that I only had e-mails for. Thank you also for your time.

Comment

Strange..can you make a screenshot of that message,gray out email? Is message in mouse-over layer or its something else that you get? Also do you maybe have some browser extension / plugin which could filter fields and cause this? And last one,did you try to use different browser on account creation page?

Comment

In my first post, that link is the screenshot of the message. Here is another one with more information showing. Also note that the User ID shown is not what I will intend to call the account, just a place holder. https://prnt.sc/hpiqcd

Name, D.O.B. and email are blocked out of course. I have tried before a few attempts this morning (currently 5:20 AM for me) using the current username I am using to write to you now. The box for username does red out so its not like I am attempting to use a User ID that has been taken. No the message is not a mouse-over layer, it happens after I press the "Sign Up" button at the bottom of the page. Only browser extension/plugin I use is an ad-blocker, which I have disabled while trying to make the account, did not work. I have yet to use a different browser yet, most because I am a little lazy over downloading other browsers just to create one account, but I might as well attempt it after writing all of this. Microsoft Edge gives the same "Invalid email address." message. Mozilla Firefox also gives the same message. The browser I use is Google Chrome and I have never had a problem with using it to sign up for accounts on other sites before.

Comment

Ooooh sorry...I couldn't open that screenshot earlier so I missed it. Yeah,this message is on server side after form info was submitted, I'm out of ideas except if its connected to your IP, which you are using right now or with email / domain name. Maybe IP is on Valofe "out of area" list or some IP range which is blocked and instead of block message you get invalid email message or maybe in your email address there is some curse word which server is filtering out? (I got a hint from Valofe Terms of Agreement, still Terms are talking about name not email " You acknowledge that VALOFE reserves the right to refuse to grant you a user name that is already in use, may be illegal, may be protected by trademark or other proprietary interest, is obscene or profane or otherwise determined by VALOFE, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate.")

I just successfully tried and created new account with mailinator email, using its alternative domain and even checked email subscription to see if that is causing it, didn't give any problems.

I hope Valofe will clear your situation soon.

Comment

Oh... My... I never thought that what my email is named, via the part before @email.com ... Honestly I would not think to make a email or user name intentionally inappropriate, and I had used the email I have tried using before to make accounts on over sites. Just made a new email, with a name more simple, and it worked. It has been annoying trying to get this to work, thank you AveBeli for opening my eyes. Just goes to show that some things may be inappropriate in one place, and not in others. Thank you for your time. I feel a little stupid now.

Update - It appears that hotmail/outlook is something Valofe is not able to accept at this time. No idea why, this account I am typing with is made using a hotmail email. Strange stuff, but oh well.
                  Last edited by NinjaTamaki; 12-19-2017, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTamaki View Post
                    Oh... My... I never thought that what my email is named, via the part before @email.com ... Honestly I would not think to make a email or user name intentionally inappropriate, and I had used the email I have tried using before to make accounts on over sites. Just made a new email, with a name more simple, and it worked. It has been annoying trying to get this to work, thank you AveBeli for opening my eyes. Just goes to show that some things may be inappropriate in one place, and not in others. Thank you for your time. I feel a little stupid now.

Update - It appears that hotmail/outlook is something Valofe is not able to accept at this time. No idea why, this account I am typing with is made using a hotmail email. Strange stuff, but oh well.
                    probably you transfered that account with hotmail before Valofe toke Combat arms over.

Comment

You are welcome Ninja, I like brain teasers and this one was really something,I'm glad we solved it

Originally posted by GokuBlacKzZ View Post

probably you transfered that account with hotmail before Valofe toke Combat arms over.
                      @GokuBlacKzZ Say what??! Can you be more clear about it? He transfered his account from Nexon to Valofe even before Valofe bought CA???

From my knowledge, when some email is in Valofe DB and you try to register a new account such email you get message email is already used,
                      although I'm not sure can some bugs or anomalies happen.

Comment

Hello AveBeli ,

After CA was sold to Valofe, there was a short time of when the game stayed running under Nexon. During that short time, it was available to transfer accounts although Valofe has not taken over yet.

Anyway, for the current problems, when a new account is made and linked to Hotmail services, it fails to deliver activation link, therefore we advice using Gmail or Yahoo for creating new accounts.

Comment

Thank you for clearing that out, although this is the first time I read about something like that and also that wasn't and issue in this thread. Like you could read in first post " For a couple of days now I have been attempting to make a new account with Valofe so to have an alt account within CA where I can play the game from the start without anything "OverPowered". "

The case here was a creation of new account, not a transfer of old account. But as I could miss to open a screenshot I'm sure you could miss that part of his post, although forum moderators should bring more attention to post details then average user.

Further more by Ninja saying "It appears that hotmail/outlook is something Valofe is not able to accept at this time." it doesn't mean that he doesn't get verification email, he said Valofe isn't accepting it, I guess we should ask him what he means with that. (I also read posts earlier from Atlantis players about hotmail verification emails (( they are in spam folder,old issue)) but I wouldn't assume that the same problem is here )

Comment

Greetings.

Because this issue has been resolved, and to avoid prolonging off topic discussion before it gets out of hand.
                            I will be closing this topic.

GokuBlacKzZ has been assisting NinjaTamaki through the forum messaging system staying of topic.
                            Goku's reply on this thread was in response to Ninja's "update".
                            Any other information regarding any replies made to this topic, please send the user a PM.

Thank you for your understanding.
                            [CA:R Official Staff & Mod List]
                            [CA:C Official Staff & Mod List]
                            Never give your password to anyone for any reason! VALOFE Members (GMs) and Moderators (FMs) will NEVER ask for your password.

Comment

Working...
                            X