Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launcher error - crash on version check

Hello!
    Recently I've been unable to play Combat Arms: Reloaded because my game keeps crashing after I press play. Specifically it crashes right after version checking starts and then I receive this error seen in the picture. The error in question began happening around 2 weeks ago or so, unfortunately I can't remember when exactly.
    Here's what I've tried so far:

- I've excluded all CA folders as well as executables in both firewall and antiviruses, I've also wiped the game off and reinstalled, yet the issue persists.
    - In addition I've used the installation repair function multiple times. I've also tried using admin-rights yet to no avail.

I apologize in advance if the issue has already been solved elsewhere, but I haven't found the solution myself.
    If it matters, I've played CA for years on this PC with no issues and if I remember correctly I am playing from a ip-restricted country (Estonia), which hasn't been an issue thus far.

Please help. Thanks.

Last edited by rando12340; 12-26-2017, 11:31 AM.

Always clean registry and temporary files before re-install game

Comment

Same issue. I havent been on CA for a couple weeks and just now tried to start the game. It does the version check then when I click start on the next screen the star screen just goes away and nothing happens. No error message, no anything. I stated downloading the "patch" and it says combat arms is not on the computer. LOL. I look and yes CA is on the computer. So Ive started to download the full client again but Im not sure why. Not sure Im going to run it. Nothing happened in the past 2 weeks on my end to change CA. Im not sure whatever the last patch was might have done to it.
      Whats going on here???

Comment

So I cleaned the registries, temp files and reinstalled yet it still prompts the same error.

Comment

if I remember correctly I am playing from a ip-restricted country (Estonia)
          Run a VPN and then try letting it patch, since it's entirely possible that your IP is blacklisted. I wouldn't advise actually playing the game while in a VPN, but this might let us know if your region's IP is the problem.

Comment

Alas I won't be buying a decent VPN and using a free one is out of the question, so this will be unverified. Although, I am fairly certain that this IP restriction is the issue that needs to be fixed.

I'm trying to submit a ticket to support but I have trouble doing that as well.
            Whenever I login I can't open the ticket page and I can't find any way to get back there. Also, whenever I login and try to refresh or go to CA:R main page I am immediately logged out.
            This leaves me at a dead end here as well. I currently don't see anything else I can do. Any help would be appreciated.

And one final note - malwarebytes completely blocks the valofe homepage so I had to turn the web protection off to visit it.

Comment

Working...
            X