Clear All

• Patch notes 04.11.18

patch notes 04.11.18

Click image for larger version

Name:	Patch Notes 04.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	397.4 KB
ID:	12818
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Patch Notes2 04.jpg Views:	1 Size:	418.2 KB ID:	12816
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Patch Notes3 04.jpg Views:	1 Size:	196.4 KB ID:	12817

Surely with these medikits you have put you have attracted my attention and of many players, now there is more pleasure to do elimination, only correct that the medikit is not an explosive but a support xD
    Maybe for the next maintenance I hope for something that can surprise us a lot, like adding the m32, the minigun etc. etc. as you did today with medikit

Comment

Whose idiotic idea was to give the First Aid Kit a LIFESPAN?! You can't be serious, this isn't some MMORPG game where I 'SUMMON' these kits to heal me, I PLANT them on the ground and they are supposed to STAY there where I want them to.

The next surprise will probably be M32 and M32 II, so the normal one will have 6 grenades and version II will have 6 in reserve (making it 6/6). I thank you for returning the healing possibilities in Fireteam, but the self-destruct timer was really unnecessary. You are nothing but a major disappointment.

Comment

Ok I'm a bit confused right now, it says "MED KIT: RESTRICTION: ALL GAME MODE" but introducing an item which can't be used in any game mode wouldn't make any sense and since only the in game description of the First Aid Kit mentiones anything about a mode restriction I'm going on a limb here and say you actually meant "MED KIT: RESTRICTION: NONE"? I'm asking because of the:

PLAYERS WHO HAVE FIRST AID KITS/MED KITS EQUIPPED ON THEM CAN'T ENTER ANY MODES OTHER THAN FIRETEAM
        including the Med Kits here contredicts both the "previous statement" and the in game descriptions. I personally only care about playing the PvP based game modes so I don't want to regret buying Med Kits later on, some clarity would be appreciated.

I just hope that the regular M32, the Flamethrower and the M134 are not going to be mode restricted, yes you can spam the Minigun and the Grenade Launcher for the lulz but doing so will ultimately just drag your K/D rate down and at least the M32 really does add to the gameplay since it's the ultimate anti camper weapon (provided you can get close enough that is) / mine field clearing tool which is some unique utility no other weapon can provide (well technically M136 Rocket Launcher could but we don't talk about this weapon here).

Other then that I'm happy to see a "remember me" function being implemented and nice to see a permanent duration sale for the new "old" stuff.
        Last edited by Wumgum; 04-11-2018, 09:53 PM.

Comment

i can't even start a fireteam mode with medkits/aidkits. And only 1 of the items says its restricted.

Comment

Lol. Medkits and Aidkits have limited usage time? Are you serious or just dumb and retarded? Bring back turret, slots,flamethrower and minigun too. And If you want to bring it back make it be support items like before and without limited usage. Oh hey guys you now, we are bringing back spec items but you can use it only for maximum 60 seconds who cares. And only to fight zombies and we will destroy all your Aidkits after one minute. Hahaha lol guys you are competing with Nexon in retardation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidewinder91 View Post
              Whose idiotic idea was to give the First Aid Kit a LIFESPAN?! You can't be serious, this isn't some MMORPG game where I 'SUMMON' these kits to heal me, I PLANT them on the ground and they are supposed to STAY there where I want them to.
              Originally posted by Negan View Post
              Lol. Medkits and Aidkits have limited usage time?
              Since everyone in the room could plant aid kits because there is no limitation to specs like back in the days, I see the self destroying feature as a good feature to limit the planted aid kits. Imagine all 8 player of a fireteam room plant aid kits and they would stay the whole time, this would be way too much and affecting players game experience + it lowers the possibility that player start to force other players to keep the red boxes only for aid users because there is no need for it.

And don't forget, in the old days - years ago, aid kit was selfdestroying too. The remaining time was a larger, but it was selfdestroying.

Originally posted by Wumgum View Post
              I personally only care about playing the PvP based game modes so I don't want to regret buying Med Kits later on, some clarity would be appreciated.
              For Med Kits are no restrictions atm. They can be used in all game modes. But there are already player complaining about it and they have some good points. Changes can always be done to items, that's stated in the Terms of Use. So, the possebility is there, that changes can be done when VALOFE decides to do that because of these good points from communties feedback.

Official Staff & Moderators: CA: the Classic & CA: Reloaded & CA Brasil
              VALOFE Combat Arms Discord

Comment

Selfdestroying in the old days? Lol I first time heard about selfdestroying aidkits. That thing didn`t exist. I used aidkits regular before and this is the first time its limited. It was destroyed only when it`s used for healing. Otherwise it stayed the same until end of the game. "+ it lowers the possibility that player start to force other players to keep the red boxes only for aid users because there is no need for it " ???? Every player likes to heal and use aidkit. Whenever I have other players call me to pick up BIG box so I can renew it. There is no forcing and it never was. To be honest but in the funny way mostly players with aidkits are forced to share it with other players, especially in the fireteam. And I have no problem with that. I like to help other players especially in the modes when we play together. That is teamplay and team game and together its easier to complete it. And its fun to work together and play together. Dont talk me about some stupid arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by Brotkrumen View Post
                  there are already player complaining about it and they have some good points
                  People are complaining about it being unrestricted and making "some good points"? Where? I haven't seen anyone complaining about the Medkits being unrestricted, neither here on the forums or in game. If anything it's a good thing since it increases players choice and also reduces fire / gas / explosive spam without steamrolling anything else in the process because now we have even more items to compete for the same item slots and the number of grenades are alredy quite limited as they are so I see it more as a positive if anything.

Also, I haven't seen any opposition to them being unrestricted anywhere in public discourse (quite the opposite) so I take that these so called "good points" were made in private conversations which seriously leads me to question the validity of these arguments. If people think that their arguments have public support and holding up to scrutiny then there is no reason not to make their voices heard in public discourse (we have a suggestions subforum for a reason), that's the whole point having a diskussion forum. I'm not saying that the opinions of these people should be ignored completely but at the very least they should be given a very low priority. The danger of listening to special interest groups who avoid public discourse is that it leads to a misrepresentation of what the community actually wants and prevents the other side of the argument to make their case / bring their counterarguments to the table since they're end up being left out of the picture completely. We've seen stuff like this before with the explosive nerfes which were massively unpopular with the broader community. Nexon claimed that they were just giving people "what they wanted" when the reality looked more like this:

Because truth to be told: no one within the realm of public discourse ever asked for this to happen but this kind of backlash is what you get if you jump to conclusions and ignore public opinion.

Comment

People are complaining about it being unrestricted and making "some good points"? Where? I haven't seen anyone complaining about the Medkits being unrestricted, neither here on the forums or in game. If anything it's a good thing since it increases players choice and also reduces fire / gas / explosive spam without steamrolling anything else in the process because now we have even more items to compete for the same item slots and the number of grenades are alredy quite limited as they are so I see it more as a positive if anything.

Also, I haven't seen any opposition to them being unrestricted anywhere in public discourse (quite the opposite) so I take that these so called "good points" were made in private conversations which seriously leads me to question the validity of these arguments.
                    Not in private conversations but on the official VALOFE Combat Arms Discord https://discord.gg/ZBAVWqq

If anything it's a good thing since it increases players choice and also reduces fire / gas / explosive spam without steamrolling anything else in the process because now we have even more items to compete for the same item slots and the number of grenades are alredy quite limited as they are so I see it more as a positive if anything.
                    Exactly my argument too
                    Last edited by Brotkrumen; 04-14-2018, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Not in private conversations but on the official VALOFE Combat Arms Discord https://discord.gg/ZBAVWqq
                      Ah ok thanks for the clarification, I still find it telling that the complaints are not universally spread throughout every "platform" like how it was with the loaded weapons, in fact for the most part there is no backlash at all, not on this forum, not on reddit, not on youtube. Sure there are always some people who have something against any given topic but in this case it realy seems like just a tiny minority of the playerbase.

Like I said in other threads I'm playing mostly OMA and Elim and I've yet to see even a single person complain about the medkits in game. I can't imagine it being much of a problem for the "sniper only" part of the community either because everything is usually one hit anyways, same with QR since getting hit even once turns you into a zombie and zombies can't use items iirc. It's obviously not a problem for fireteam and the same goes for arms race. The only places where I can see people having a problem with it are elim pro and SnD since it can diminish the contributions of your dead teammates but it doesn't really effect the confrontations directly since (unlike the first aid kit) it doesn't provide any effective in combat healing and it's already not available for the "hardcore item restrictions" used for competitive matchmaking.

This at least shows that it isn't a problem for the community as a whole and stomping on it because it might be considered controversial for a small part of the community seems like overkill to me. If anything it's just another case of "could be solved by implementing an extensive item filter".
                      Last edited by Wumgum; 04-15-2018, 03:32 AM.

Comment

I share you my minds about this med kit subject which I shared:

If player choose 2x health above other damaging items or damaging items above health, it is their choice, sometimes it can be a good choice, sometimes a bad one.

If changes to med kit can be done, its one way to handle it, maybe even the idea can be taken in concideration to implement mode settings like "no backpack" in ranked and CWs which also would solve the issue and even no changes wouldn't bother me "in person". Or maybe med kits can be restricted to all casual modes, so they can't be used in Ranked and CWs. I don't know if that would be possible, but that would be also an idea.
                        Thing is, there are the competitive player and there are the casual player. Many casual player have often no serious issues with med kits being available to all modes but the competitive player do and the points of the competitive players seem reasonable to me.

It isn't an easy task to find the small way in the middle so all are player can agree with a solution and are happy with it.
                        Last edited by Brotkrumen; 04-15-2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• MarkHammond94
                          MarkHammond94 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Dear Moderator, YOU HAVE WRONG, many players want the medi kit as in the classic version that you have to break only if they are used completely, much less that they are used only in PvE mode? Are we joking?
                          After this you said you need to REASON on what you did.

Thing is, there are the competitive player and there are the casual player. Many casual player have often no serious issues with med kits being available to all modes but the competitive player do and the points of the competitive players seem reasonable to me.
                        The thing is that it isn't an issue of competitiveness either. Like I said there is no effective in combat healing or other side effects besides being turned into a light bulb for a couple of seconds (which goes through walls btw) but that isn't exactly an advantage either especially within the context of a competitive setting, it simply doesn't prevent the better player from winning the fight. One could argue that it makes it harder for bad players to score a kill thanks to the damage not carrying over to their next confrontation but that's ultimately not an issue of competitiveness, it's an issue of "git gud" because in the end it just rewards the better player by making him "win harder".

It isn't an easy task to find the small way in the middle so all are player can agree with a solution and are happy with it.
                        Sure it is, implementing an extensive wepon / item filter would solve like 90% of the things people usually complain about. It puts the burden of regulating the controversial stuff on the playerbase but other games have already proven that this works out quite well in the end. The ability to properly define which guns / items can and can't be used is something people always wanted. The problem with EM in that regard was that people came up with "new rules" on a whim which led to a lot of unessesary drama but someone who predominantly wants to play competitive game modes couldn't care less about whether or not some casuals want to play unrestricted explosive spam in natehouse.

Also, judging from several threads on the old forum it seems to have widespread support across all parts of the community (which isn't really that surprising since it would basically give everyone what they want without them having to compromise with other parts of the playerbase), I've even seen some of the more popular youtubers like Royko64 or UCD advocating for it multiple times over the course of the years. It's one of the few things most of the playerbase actually agrees on so why it seemingly always gets ignored by the developers is beyond me.

I don't know if that would be possible
                        From a technical perspective: yes, it might take a while to implement depending on their other priorities and how manny people are working on it but adding new ways for the player to restrict item usage is definitely possible and to be honest, despite me wanting to have the other spec stuff back I'd rather want them to implement more options for item restrictions first since it would prevent a loot of drama and (if done right) is ultimatly well worth the additional wait.
                        Last edited by Wumgum; 04-15-2018, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I did well that I bought only the syringe, but as I said they should change because the syringe is not explosive

Comment

Working...
                          X