Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Solution - Combat Arms Classic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Solution - Combat Arms Classic

    OK, so here's a proposal for you guys and valofe.

    Basically there is a dilemma facing combat arms right now. There's two perspectives the player base perspective and the developers and management team of combat arms perspective.

    The player base would like to have all their data and info transfered into combat arms classic.

    While, the management team for combat arms is looking at the bigger picture and how combat arms will survive in the future and what's best for combat arms in the long run. Their idea is to start combat arms classic from scratch.

    Those are the two perspectives between the two sides, now I will briefly explain the reasoning of both sides. Then give my solution and proposal.

    The player base, wants all their stats and info back because they have spent a lot of time and money onto their accounts. They've made a name for themselves, they've made clans since the early debut of combat arms that are still here today, and they've made a community. Starting from scratch would mean the player base will lose all this. Their original in game names, their original clan names and emblems, their items and gear.

    The combat arms team, wants to start from scratch. Because it's what they believe is best for the company. It's logical, for a game that's been out for almost 10 years, there is a lot of players that have reached the full extent of this game, being GOA with most of their goals if not all being accomplished once they reach this rank. Starting fresh would make it so there is a motive or purpose to play or keep playing. It's been done by other companies before, Nexons Maplestory for example has done a rank rest due to players not having a motive to play after reaching the max level. There is still a huge player base for Maplestory till this day after the rank reset.

    Valofe is thinking about combat arms in the long run, if they do transfer our accounts it won't change the fact that combat arms is dying or has been dying for a while now, sure there are a lot of loyal combat arms players that have been around for sometime now and that will likely continue to play, but in the long run if new players want to come and play what's the point? Everyone is ranked high already, where's the motive to play?

    Solution

    My solution and proposal that I think will work for both sides is that we do both. We transfer our data from reloaded to combat arms classic, BUT we have a rank reset. Doing this will allow everyone to keep their items, clan names and emblems, as well as in game names, but it will also give players a motive to play and rank up from scratch. I know people might not agree with this but we can't have the best of both worlds. There has to be a sacrifice made here so combats will do good in the long run.

    People complain about how 2008-2012 was the best year for combat arms, why do you guys think that is? Well I'll tell you, it's because we didn't have a lot of GOA's back then and everyone was trying to rank up that's what made combat arms fun. When everyone started becoming GOA, the game started losing its purpose to some extent. Yes there are other factors that make 2012 combat arms good, but I think people trying to rank up to GOA was the most important one.

    We should be able to have our character names, items and clan names/ emblems transfered over to classic because we deserve it and spent time and money on these accounts/clans/items, but also take a sacrifice and start at a fresh new rank for the betterment of the game.

    Thanks for reading.

    ​​​


    ​​​​

  • #2
    Edit; what do you guys think of this proposal?

    Comment


    • #3
      I see absolutely no reason to start over with my rank. My account is General (lv. 55) and I would like to reach General of Army sooner than later. Reseting my rank will make me lose my motivation to play at all for sure, because I will have to play this game another 5 years to reach this rank. I am NOT going to grind Quarantine Regen 24/7 just to obtain this rank back. Just because there are so many level 61 (Commander in Chief 5) with 50 million experience points out there doesn't mean we have to start over. Nobody forbids you to create a new account and start over.

      Why VALOFE wants us to start from scratch is simple - they got no idea how to bring back all of our accounts to classic. Even Eris said that it MAY be not possible to rollback this entire update, since it made a few changes in the game files itself.

      In the end - the community will be crushed, Combat Arms Classic will die and this game will be simply shut down. We need our accounts back, in order to continue to play this game. Until some of the VALOFE officials out there thinks again and gives us an answer on the forums, I don't think I want to support this anymore.

      Comment


      • #4
        its good idea but better is if reloaded client change to old ca client from 2012 and there will be no problem with our account,items and rangs

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Boczek233 View Post
          its good idea but better is if reloaded client change to old ca client from 2012 and there will be no problem with our account,items and rangs
          They can't do it, because the Reloaded update changed the coding, it will be hard to bring the classic design back from this state.
          Last edited by Sidewinder91; 01-06-2018, 09:28 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sidewinder91 View Post
            I see absolutely no reason to start over with my rank. My account is General (lv. 55) and I would like to reach General of Army sooner than later. Reseting my rank will make me lose my motivation to play at all for sure, because I will have to play this game another 5 years to reach this rank. I am NOT going to grind Quarantine Regen 24/7 just to obtain this rank back. Just because there are so many level 61 (Commander in Chief 5) with 50 million experience points out there doesn't mean we have to start over. Nobody forbids you to create a new account and start over.

            Why VALOFE wants us to start from scratch is simple - they got no idea how to bring back all of our accounts to classic. Even Eris said that it MAY be not possible to rollback this entire update, since it made a few changes in the game files itself.

            In the end - the community will be crushed, Combat Arms Classic will die and this game will be simply shut down. We need our accounts back, in order to continue to play this game. Until some of the VALOFE officials out there thinks again and gives us an answer on the forums, I don't think I want to support this anymore.

            If it took five years for you to get general then that's probably on you. People have gotten GOA in 1-2 years or less. In fact I have multiple general + accounts. On NA severs alone there were about 3k + goa's with the merge it's probably around the 10k + mark. Sure people can make a new account to start fresh but what's the point with that many GOAs alone.

            But the fact that your goal is to get GOA, is the reason why we need a rank reset. In the long run yes it is a sacrifice and yes some may quit, but it will be good for combat arms.

            As long as we get our items and name/clan data transfered it should make the general CA population happy.

            As for a rollback on the updates, it'll be difficult but it's possible nexon or any other company kept backups of everyones data. For the coding side they'll need to just readjust it to fit with classics database. I'm a game developer myself, so I know how these things work.


            But I respect your opinion and see where your concern lies, who am I to judge ones goal. My words are merely suggestions and opinions.

            Comment


            • Sidewinder91
              Sidewinder91 commented
              Editing a comment
              It took me less than 5 years to get to General, I play since 2014. Combat Arms is going to die without those veterans and GC spenders, nobody would want to spend any money on a T rank. Besides, you get gifted a package which contains a free P90TR, M4A1 SOPMOD, Recon Vest, 3 Slot backpack with 0% speed penalty and Tiger Strider. I don't know about you, but they straight up reward us with some of the most powerful weapons in the game at the begining of the 'Classic' game. I would rather transfer my account over, to be honest.

          • #7
            You won't need to spend money on the T rank with my idea because my idea includes the transfer of all character data just with a rank reset, meaning you'll have all your guns and gears, just everyone will start with a trainee rank. So you'll still have your champion gear you earned but at trainee rank.

            Comment


            • #8
              I dont think ca will survive if we just bring back all accs with all their stuff. If you have all the guns and stats, it pointless to level up. Why would you level up to goa if you already have everything ? You get rewards with stuff you already have or will never use. Also people will have all their epics and other cancer.
              Would I want to play combat arms like it was before reloaded with all my stuff? - YES
              Would I also enjoy total wipe with some rewards for old players - YES
              The solution in my opinion would start from T and then give away SOME rewards based on main linked account, higher the rank and money investment - better rewards, that way they will have few peaces of stuff to use and some advantage.
              However I must point out - I have never spent any money on this game since 2009, so my feelings may be different, I people who spent hundreds every month ...

              Comment


              • Sidewinder91
                Sidewinder91 commented
                Editing a comment
                They are giving away a M4A1 SOPMOD, Recon Vest and 3 slot backpack with 0 speed penalty. So we start with OP in a game that's supposed to be classic? Why not just transfer all of our account data instead? Everyone gets those packages those weapons as well as P90TR, Desert Eagle SE and Tiger Strider.

            • #9
              Many have spent thousands and hundreds of dollars on inventory items, not only that. People have built clans that have gone so far and come a long way to just be deleted because of this transfer.

              Comment


              • #10
                Everything still remains in reloaded, maybe in time they will fix reloaded issues and all will go to it instead with all your gear.

                Comment


                • #11
                  Combat Arms Classic put all T from beggining we will start, first i dont care for my GOA, we will start with Fresh stats from 0 , play good old CA

                  Comment


                  • Sidewinder91
                    Sidewinder91 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Weird, more than 200 people want to keep their accounts at the begining of classic and only 70+ want to begin from T. Weird. Isn't it?

                • #12
                  Originally posted by SERPERM View Post
                  I dont think ca will survive if we just bring back all accs with all their stuff. If you have all the guns and stats, it pointless to level up. Why would you level up to goa if you already have everything ? You get rewards with stuff you already have or will never use. Also people will have all their epics and other cancer.
                  Would I want to play combat arms like it was before reloaded with all my stuff? - YES
                  Would I also enjoy total wipe with some rewards for old players - YES
                  The solution in my opinion would start from T and then give away SOME rewards based on main linked account, higher the rank and money investment - better rewards, that way they will have few peaces of stuff to use and some advantage.
                  However I must point out - I have never spent any money on this game since 2009, so my feelings may be different, I people who spent hundreds every month ...
                  You probably are suffering from visibility problems. I said that me and others who spent their time leveling up, regardless of being maximum rank will not start over just because the game is going back to classic. That's none of your business what I and many others have in their inventory or what I am and any other player is going to use. I earned my epics by GP farms, I see no point to just to discard them because you don't like it. It's you and 69 other players who will enjoy this game until it dies, because you will not spend any money on it for sure.

                  As a reward of the 'Classic' game return we get the most powerful items in the game, including SOPMOD, Recon Vest, 3 slot backpack with 0% speed penalty, P90TR and Tiger Strider.

                  Of course you never spent any money on this game, so you got no idea what you are talking about. I suggest you stop posting until you have purchased something with real cash and have it taken away just like that. Let's see how you will react.

                  Just for shiggles. The numbers on that precious poll hosted by vCryonize states that over 200 players would like to continue to play and support this game with all their character data. So there you go. classic-rank-transfer2.JPG
                  Last edited by Sidewinder91; 01-08-2018, 10:15 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #13
                    @Sidewinder91 No man i mean there will be all much more better and very intersting will be if all start from 0 exp...
                    Because there is alot of players who got all wepons and have alot of milions of exp, first man in game 100+ million...
                    for what new players will play?? they not have motivation if they put us old ranks on Classic...
                    But we will seen what will happend

                    Comment


                    • #14
                      Originally posted by FireteamRS View Post
                      @Sidewinder91 No man i mean there will be all much more better and very intersting will be if all start from 0 exp...
                      Because there is alot of players who got all wepons and have alot of milions of exp, first man in game 100+ million...
                      for what new players will play?? they not have motivation if they put us old ranks on Classic...
                      But we will seen what will happend
                      You still don't understand that this 'The Classic campaign' is simply a reverse update to remove Reloaded. This is NOT a new game. I see no reason to start over, just because we are returning back to 2015.

                      That's also NONE of your business if players will play at those ranks with 100 million EXP. As I said, you can create a new account and start from Trainee, we will see how long your interest in leveling again will stay up.

                      If they like to play this game at this rank, it's all good. They will not have the motivation to continue playing this game if you remove their ranks just like that. I already have spoken to my clan and they ALL disagreed with starting from T, they also want to keep their weapons. We already see that many people want to retain their rank and continue to play this game according to that poll. Do I have to repost it all the time just to make you understand it already?

                      Comment


                      • #15
                        id be ok with losing my rank if they actually gave us back qr/ft exp, or just fixed the shit exp in general. it would motivate me to play again, but tbh, i dont want to lose my rank. and the bottom line is, they will be losing players if they pull that shit anyways. if they dont swap players items over, but release classic, and keep reloaded open, the community splits, and grows smaller, at the same time. because some people will straight up leave. some people will have been holding out for ca classic, only to feel screwed over by being forced to start fresh. and after that betrayal, reloaded just wont cut it for them. then there is the other way they could do it, where they dont give everyone their stuff. and it results in even more people just straight up no longer playing. and that would be to make classic the only version to avoid the community split, but then not carry over items. and boom, watch a good chunk of the small community that is left as is, leave at that point. they need to wake up, and realize that people want to keep the things they invested time in, and that if they choose to get rid of our stuff, then they are no different then nexon. because thats what screwed over nexon. nexon didnt listen to its players, and in the long run, its community died. and valofe will kill it even quicker if they dont think about what they are doing.
                        #WorseThanNexon

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X