The Solution - Combat Arms Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Solution - Combat Arms Classic

I posted this on the classic forums already, I'd thought I'd post it here as well.

OK, so here's a proposal for you guys and valofe.

Basically there is a dilemma facing combat arms right now. There's two perspectives the player base perspective and the developers and management team of combat arms perspective.

The player base would like to have all their data and info transfered into combat arms classic.

While, the management team for combat arms is looking at the bigger picture and how combat arms will survive in the future and what's best for combat arms in the long run. Their idea is to start combat arms classic from scratch.

Those are the two perspectives between the two sides, now I will briefly explain the reasoning of both sides. Then give my solution and proposal.

The player base, wants all their stats and info back because they have spent a lot of time and money onto their accounts. They've made a name for themselves, they've made clans since the early debut of combat arms that are still here today, and they've made a community. Starting from scratch would mean the player base will lose all this. Their original in game names, their original clan names and emblems, their items and gear.

The combat arms team, wants to start from scratch. Because it's what they believe is best for the company. It's logical, for a game that's been out for almost 10 years, there is a lot of players that have reached the full extent of this game, being GOA with most of their goals if not all being accomplished once they reach this rank. Starting fresh would make it so there is a motive or purpose to play or keep playing. It's been done by other companies before, Nexons Maplestory for example has done a rank rest due to players not having a motive to play after reaching the max level. There is still a huge player base for Maplestory till this day after the rank reset.

Valofe is thinking about combat arms in the long run, if they do transfer our accounts it won't change the fact that combat arms is dying or has been dying for a while now, sure there are a lot of loyal combat arms players that have been around for sometime now and that will likely continue to play, but in the long run if new players want to come and play what's the point? Everyone is ranked high already, where's the motive to play?

Solution

My solution and proposal that I think will work for both sides is that we do both. We transfer our data from reloaded to combat arms classic, BUT we have a rank reset. Doing this will allow everyone to keep their items, clan names and emblems, as well as in game names, but it will also give players a motive to play and rank up from scratch. I know people might not agree with this but we can't have the best of both worlds. There has to be a sacrifice made here so combats will do good in the long run.

People complain about how 2008-2012 was the best year for combat arms, why do you guys think that is? Well I'll tell you, it's because we didn't have a lot of GOA's back then and everyone was trying to rank up that's what made combat arms fun. When everyone started becoming GOA, the game started losing its purpose to some extent. Yes there are other factors that make 2012 combat arms good, but I think people trying to rank up to GOA was the most important one.

We should be able to have our character names, items and clan names/ emblems transfered over to classic because we deserve it and spent time and money on these accounts/clans/items, but also take a sacrifice and start at a fresh new rank for the betterment of the game.

Thanks for reading.

uuu uuu uuu uuu uuu uuu uuu uuu uuu uuu

Comment

Working...
    X