Pre vs post-VALOFE: What changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre vs post-VALOFE: What changed?

I'd like to start by saying I'm not an AO player. I play a different Nexon title, Combat Arms. It's just been announced that our game has been sold to VALOFE, and boy we're scared. Obviously, both games are very different but I'm just curious as to what the transfer meant for AO. What are some of most noticeable changes? Do you still get big content patches or just small mall updates? How's server performance? What about VALOFE's staff, how are they different from Nexon's? How's the cheating scene? Etc. Overall would you say things are better now, worse, the same?

Basically any pre/post-VALOFE reviews that would give us an idea of what to expect after the migration. Thanks~

well in terms of content i took a while for them to get a big one,the lvl 70 cap but they keep releasing events and such, server performance in my opinion got a bit better,the cheating scene well i havent seen cheaters since i started playing whit nexon and valofe is no exception, now for staff and stuff, they are messy, when there are problems about bugs in game they take a long time to fix some of them, there has been alot of problems whit rewards from dinamics they make, taking weeks and months to give prices, also the migraton went terrible imo, alot of problems whit people missing their characters when doing the migration, some got the problem solved but since the first migration alot of them didnt, and they made a second migration that caused problems too,you could say changin ownership of a game could result in alot of things going bad but the time they r spending on "solving" them is kinda bad, im happy whit the game i love playing it but they make some decisions that just discoragues ppl to keep playing it, in the end the biggest problem and what you should be affraid off is how the migration procces is going to be since that was the biggest problem here, sorry if i make grammar mistakes and such since english is not my main lenguague

Comment

As a long time player of this game, I can say that I'm still uncertain about VALOFE overall. But what I can say is that I'm rather displeased with some of the things they have done since they took over this game. A lot of it has to do with the quality of the content they have released, and the way they treat their customers. In terms of content, from August (when RoI started migration from Nexon to VALOFE) they released probably 20 shop mounts (things you can buy from the shop that can directly affect your character's power in-game) like 5 events, 4 of them being broken in some fundamental way, and 2 major content updates, both of which are broken or not fully implemented in some way. For starters, the shop mounts are more powerful than all of the "natural" mounts, be it as a seal, as a pet or as a mount, and they are all locked behind a paywall. Not like you can grind in-game in any way to get them with in-game currency or a charge bar or anything, only real $$. Next, the events in some way shape or form were broken in a way that not all players could benefit from them. And by that, I'm not saying that new players couldn't participate in them, but I mean, half or more of the classes or characters couldn't get their gear from the event, or certain quests were not working correctly making it impossible to get things from the event, or the event not lasting long enough for you to be able to get all the rewards (even if you did everything possible every day). Things to that degree where it's not game-breaking, but it's disappointing after they hyped the event up and now that it's there it's pointless to do. Finally, the content. A while ago, about a month into migration, they released a new dungeon for us to do called Ellora's Trials. It's a kind of spin on a dungeon we already have called Ellora's Spire. Instead of us having to do it solo, we can go in with a group of 3 people. The problem with it was, at the time, only about half of the dungeon was even complete. Even with the most geared group, you couldn't get passed the 11th floor. I'm not really complaining about that as much because it will be completable with the new level cap that they released last week, but there were also lots of bugs and issues that came with the update that took forever to get addressed and/or never got addressed. After they finished their migration period last week, they also dropped the new level 70 cap. With the new cap came a rather underwhelming amount of content. I feel like they are going to add new areas and content later on for the 70 cap, but they really just added a new armor set, a new jewelry set, one ability per class, the items to craft it, one new mount, and one new raid instance. It didn't come with a new area, rather it took us back to the starting area, changed a tiny zone, and added some beginner quests to make it make sense. And even with that, the raid will likely be incompletable for another month or two, which is fine because it gives us a new challenge, but a lot of the other content, like the jewelry, the armor, and the mount, are all locked (from what we know) behind the new raid. Also, with the migration, many people lost their characters that they had done the migration process with. The people that lost characters had said that they sent in tickets that didn't get replied to for months, that they felt like they had been brushed off and ignored. And as a general trend, it seems like that's VALOFE's way of trying to handle some things, Ignore them until they forget or we can't ignore them anymore. The GM's do a good job of listening to us, but it just feels like the developers are ignoring most of what they relay. We still have bugs and things that they said they were going to fix but never did, and every update we get huge bugs, as expected of any game, that feels exacerbated by how we already feel about the game, and they never seem to hotfix them. They always seem to lump them into the next patch a week or two later. Which changes what people are able to do in-game sometimes. Overall I don't hate VALOFE, but what they have shown me is that I should be very skeptical of what they will do next, and to not EXPECT anything that I would be able to with other game developers. In all, I'm not saying to be scared of what they will do with Combat Arms, as you have a different development team, but definitely be weary of where they are going to take the game.

Comment

• LycanthropeX
        LycanthropeX commented
        Editing a comment
        People should SUE this company ! Because i lost all my characters and me investment ,because they don't migrate the characters ! Because they don't care about out money or the time invested WE SHOULD MAKE A PETITION TO SUE THEM ! Il look in to that with my guild they will see the invitation on to SUE THEM ! Someone has to give us our characters back time invested also and moust important the items and MONEY BACK !

I too feel like it's more a wait and see. overall things were pretty chaotic during the migration. I lost all my characters, couldn't run their launcher, then had to transfer my account from steam to just get the chance to play after being outcast for two months. when I could play on steam, I found most of those people I did have as friends from Nexon, had lost their accounts too and were unable to get their account to work on steam. as a result they stopped playing and went to other games. after 4 month vfun's launcher was finally able to run w/o giving some obscure error,. When I heard two + years ago Nexon had sold one of their games Atlanica online I was unable tp play that one for almost a year and could never get any of my characters back. so it looks like their better able now to fix the mess that Nexon created when they released their games to them.
      the biggest issue I have is that when they released this level cap to 70, they limited the amount of solo quests in order to level up. after almost two weeks I'm still trying to reach level 68. hard to say if the grinding I'm doing is having any real affect. They concentrated on party mode quests and frankly those are still an issue when most won't let you join as they really don't know or want to try and deal with those that have...less P2P gear. the jury's still ,out for me anyways as to whether I'll ever buy their coins to get better things. guess I have to see whether they eventually remember there are those of us out there that don't belong to guilds and have few friends left playing. I started this game when it was in closed beta and have stuck to it hoping it gets better. not sure yet if they will improve it or not.
      the bugs are still a pain but some have gotten better for example the taming seems better.

Comment

I can say this about Valofe .....can you please at least pay me back or make the item i payed you money for work. I bought a 180 day from them and it does not work. It has not worked in the 3 months I have messaged them about it. Nor have they done anything to compensate me for it even though I have spent 100's of dollars on other items. Not impressed with the service or them caring at all. You cannot even PM a GM in game.

Comment

• LycanthropeX
          LycanthropeX commented
          Editing a comment
          People should SUE this company ! Because i lost all my characters and me investment ,because they don't migrate the characters ! Because they don't care about out money or the time invested WE SHOULD MAKE A PETITION TO SUE THEM ! Il look in to that with my guild they will see the invitation on to SUE THEM !

People should SUE this company ! Because i lost all my characters and me investment ,because they don't migrate the characters ! Because they don't care about out money or the time invested WE SHOULD MAKE A PETITION TO SUE THEM ! Il look in to that with my guild they will see the invitation on to SUE THEM ! Someone has to give us our characters back time invested also and moust important the items and MONEY BACK !

Comment

Why i cant transfer my items my character my whole accoult in this Valofe thing ??????? I WANT ME TIME INVESTED BACK !

Comment

Working...
          X