Is it worth returning to this game ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth returning to this game ?

I stopped playing bit after valofe took over, played classic few days and quit...
    I did hear that some things are better now, you can actually access inventory in lobby ! Huge step froward, are some changes to matchmaking making this game again (for gods sake) custom room based game. But completely removing it (I heard they removed it, not sure)? It did have its good sides, why remove functionality what kind of works ?

I see some kind of grade have been added, on paper sounds it may be good thing, have not tested in practice...

So can someone answer to this lazy possible player who may or may not return to this game:

1) Is elite moderation or some kind of room moderation what can limit weapons used in room coming back ?
    This was biggest reloaded issue for me - game for me was always moderated by person (more or less trustworthy) what can kick players, there is room rules (mainly only weapons limitation, I do hate snd room rules like no rush, no plant and s**t like that, no op guns... while using g36.. ok..)

2) Are hackers gone ?
    From what I heard due to change of hackshield lot of old hacks were working again and needed slight modifications. If hacker is smart you cant detect him, but if hack is widespread there will be 'smart' people who will abuse it, therefore giving up fact that hack is available.

3)Have guns been renerfed ? I do remember explosives nerf what killed quarantine and my rpg+law tactic. Have at least explosives been returned back to being explosives not light massage to back?

4) Is inventory and shop actually usable from lobby ? The UI of interface was fine with me, but fact you needed to go out to change was BS..

5) Have matchmaking been removed completely ? (I hope not, it was fun time by time)

6) Have clan matches been fixed ? (I remember they had some issue, what kind not sure...)

7) Are there any players ? I am mainly elim pro player and play fire team (Not zombie ones). If player base is low, chance there will be room is also low.

8) Is game playable and enjoyable ? Is it still good old CA ? (game was never great, but lets hope it is at least playable)

9) Have room count limit changed, I remember that being issue, but that may have been classic.

10) About desert thunder - Have the rpg for NPCs fixed ? I remember them hitting to full damage while we had nerfed RPGs...

Thanks, hope for answers
    Game is on the right track of being great/better !
    17.65%
    Game have not changed a bit and it is not worth playing it !
    0%
    There is slow progress, but it is becoming better !
    52.94%
    Progress is too slow, no point returning to it.
    0%
    Game is dead !
    11.76%
    Game is fine !
    11.76%
    I like turtles !
    11.76%
    I like polls !
    11.76%
    Do not return to this game ! Run while you can and never look back !
    11.76%
    Come back to this game ! (it may create chain reaction ? )
    11.76%
    Last edited by SERPERM; 05-16-2018, 04:46 PM.

• Normal MM was removed and replaced with a quick join function to custom rooms and Fireteam.
    • Combat Grading System was added to the custom modes which still needs some improvements.
    • In regards to room moderation is something planned. It's a good choice to read the last developers briefings regarding it.
    • Hackers will never be gone in any game but the bigger hack problem is existing in Classic.
    • Explosives are the same. RPG/LAWs are some plans, check the last dev briefing for it.
    • Yes. You can stay in a game lobby and access shop and inventory.
    • Ranked MM is still there but not much played so far I notice it.
    • No clue what issues you mean. But it is still Clan MM and only restrickted to SnD
    • Not sure in complete.
    • I personally enjoy to play the game since nearly 8,5 years.
    Official Staff & Moderators: CA: the Classic & CA: Reloaded & CA Brasil
    VALOFE Combat Arms Discord

Comment

Answering what I can:

Originally posted by SERPERM View Post
      1) Is elite moderation or some kind of room moderation what can limit weapons used in room coming back ?
      At the moment there are only the usual restrictions available (no explosives, no SR, ...), advanced ways for players to restrict weapon usage like an extensive weapon / item filter have been requested but no response from Valofe thus far.

2) Are hackers gone ?
      No, they changed their old anti cheat software but instead of using one of the good ones like BattlEye (as requested by some players) they just used another cheap one.

3)Have guns been renerfed ? I do remember explosives nerf what killed quarantine and my rpg+law tactic. Have at least explosives been returned back to being explosives not light massage to back?
      Not really but they said they wanted to buff launchers (whatever that means, if it's just going to be 10 points more damage then they're still going to be as "efficient" as they are right now).

4) Is inventory and shop actually usable from lobby ?
      yes

5) Have matchmaking been removed completely ?
      At least the normal one has been.

7) Are there any players ? I am mainly elim pro player and play fire team (Not zombie ones). If player base is low, chance there will be room is also low.
      ATM ~40 players for elim pro and 56 for fireteam

8) Is game playable and enjoyable ?
      That depends on how you define "playable and enjoyable".

Is it still good old CA ?
      Well in terms of basic gameplay mechanics it is but some items / weapons like the Mark II stuff have been nerfed into the ground.
      Last edited by Wumgum; 05-16-2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

I did look though developer briefing and answers, thanks all for them

I does seem there is progress indeed and reloaded is way to go (not classic as I was thinking in beginning)

I will keep following this game progress and who knows maybe will join in the fun.

Good luck all players and developers as well.

Comment

Game is still good. Ive been playing since 2008 and still enjoy it. I'm mostly in Reload since Classic is a hot mess to me. Reload will stay good as long as they keep Emod out of it.

Comment

Yup played a bit, but I disagree about Emod, without option to limit room rules (guns used) ca is not ca for me, I also play since 2008 or 2009, shortly after it was introduced to EU and had quit this game multiple times, but always returned, what I also did again. But yes, seems quite enjoyable and still old CA 'Feel' what is most important part.

Comment

I disagree about Emod, without option to limit room rules (guns used) ca is not ca for me
              If it's about further specifying custom rules then there are better ways to achieve this goal. Everything (reasonable) you want to achieve with E-Mod can be achieved more effectively through other means. Don't like facing off against [insert weapon name here]? Then implementing a proper weapon filter system would be the way to go. The one we have right now is really bad and unnecessarily restrictive, it needs to be way more comprehensive / specific to be useful.

The problem with E-Mod is that people could just made up some BS rules on the fly which got abused to no end by the majority of players but this wouldn't even be a problem if we give the room moderators the tools they need to properly define the rules beforehand. The removal of E-Mod was a good thing, the fact that custom rooms are still suffering from a severe lack of customizability is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Wumgum View Post
                The problem with E-Mod is that people could just made up some BS rules on the fly which got abused to no end by the majority of players
                Exactly, this was quite a problem, if you cant enter restricted room there is no need to kick players at all mostly.

Regarding regular kicks, some moderation like kicks from regular EM may be ok, but that should be extremely restricted and if player is seen abusing system there should be harsh punishments, by legit kicks player may build up some kind of elite reputation what could allow more kicks etc.

Comment

• Wumgum
                  Wumgum commented
                  Editing a comment
                  kicks from regular EM may be ok, but that should be extremely restricted and if player is seen abusing system there should be harsh punishments, by legit kicks player may build up some kind of elite reputation what could allow more kicks etc.
                  Nexon already tried that approach and it didn't work which lead to them removing E-Mod entirely.

my biggest complaint is that clan wars are restricted to a lame SnD matchmaking system.

Comment

Losing all progress if you want to play the "good" ca is what turned me away for good.

Comment

• iGoKiwiv2
                    iGoKiwiv2 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bringing back e-mod for me is what making me quit this game, I'm just done with being rage kicked. When the e-mod was first introduced, I got kicked in my first three games.

This is the major reason why I don't play classic and Reloaded now. A few more reasons why I am starting to quit in a few weeks from now.

The lack of quality updates from Valofe recently.
                    - Infected HUD/Incorrect HP as infected hasn't even been fixed for 6 years
                    - Lack of QR content
                    - Seeing NX epics in every single room
                    - Not having any other "balance" patches in Reloaded

• Soldarius
                    Soldarius commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm trying to interpret this correctly, are you referring to classic? I've yet to read up on it. Can not for the life of me give you a good time frame as to the last time I looked into info on this game. Mostly just transferred my account to keep my clan on if those who decided to keep playing to not think I've given up on them since I don't play but once in a blue moon or really at all anymore. Least they have a long living clan to carry a flag for or maybe some bragging rights. Haha, joking but that depends on the personality of said members.

It is worth to play this game. What we need is players..........

Comment

I'm having the E-Mod perm + SEM. I didn't kick a single player since the items are applied back to the game.
                    Official Staff & Moderators: CA: the Classic & CA: Reloaded & CA Brasil
                    VALOFE Combat Arms Discord

Comment

Is there a reason why SEM is GC only? Is there a reason to make packages GC only as well? Is this a true free to play game or what? If that is not going to change, people will ragequit this game more.

Comment

Yeah you will like this type of hacker

Comment

• iGoKiwiv2
                          iGoKiwiv2 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I can see the old infected HUD! That made me smile a bit, minus the glitched hands.
                      Working...
                      X